A group of Finnish fishermen had asked me to organize a jigging course for them in early June in Savonranta. It is always important for me to train for these courses and fishing trips in advance, to really go out there to the actual fishing waters and make sure I know where the fish will be. Luckily, the spring weather prior to this particular course was very warm, so I could go and train fishing in perfect conditions for many days in a row. The warm weather also makes the fish more eager to bite.
The day before the course I went training again. The beginning of the session was difficult. I was in an area of deep water and despite of promising signals from the sonar and active trying, I spent two hours catching nothing..... at least weather was very beautiful and hot.....
|Fishing Guide Jari Kayhko|
Read more about us - Click Here!
Old School Trolling Softbait Spinning Courses on Lake Saimaa
- Use your areal knowledge and experience with the weather conditions when you select your fishing area.
- Use a sonar to find and locate the fish before you start fishing.
- Start pinpointing the right color, model, weight and size of the soft bait lure by actively trying out different lures until you get contact with the fish.
- Try different swimming variations by reeling and using the rod to find out the right speed and swimming pattern the fish respond to.
- The more you fish the more you gain experience of which parts of the day and which lighting conditions are best for fishing.